17th October 2020
- Ali Maher, a member of the Coronavirus Battle Taskforce in Tehran: More than 100 people pass away of Coronavirus in Tehran every day, and more than 1,000 are hospitalized. If the Coronavirus procedure remains the very same, field hospitals and unspecialized forces will enter the treatment cycle. (Hamshahri state-run daily, October 17, 2020)
- Guv of Tehran: All the limitations in Tehran Province from recently will continue to stay in force. (ISNA, October 17, 2020)
- Hamshahri daily, today: A heavy and black Coronavirus wave damages Tehran. The capital’s medical facilities are being assigned with the Coronavirus patients one after another. Some hypothesize that Tehran’s healthcare system is on the brink of collapse.
- Head of Shariati Hospital in Tehran: Tehran is under the heaviest Coronavirus attack. At the leading edge of the struggle, we had to alter the plan of the hospital wards.
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 1,656 patients are hospitalized with Coronavirus, and 329 are admitted to ICU wards in the Province. In the previous 24 hours, 29 individuals have lost their lives. (Mehr, October 16, 2020)
- Gilan University of Medical Sciences: Hospitalization of Coronavirus clients in the past month is extraordinary, and we will face a more difficult circumstance. (ISNA, October 17, 2020)
- Guv of Ilam: The number of Patients, hospitalizations, and deaths have multiplied in a week. All capabilities must be activated to confront Coronavirus. (IRNA, October 17, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Company of Iran (PMOI/MEK) revealed on Saturday, October 17, 2020, that the Coronavirus victims in 458 cities had actually surpassed 125,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 30,111, Khuzestan 7,958, Isfahan 6,559, Mazandaran 5,662, Lorestan 5,433, Qom 5,305, Gilan 4,936, East Azerbaijan 4,448, Golestan 3,591, West Azerbaijan 3,517, Alborz 3,443, Fars 3,286, Semnan 1,907, Yazd 1,761, and Central Province 1,707.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 17, 2020