Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin To Lead U.S. Delegation to Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates in Support of the Abraham Accords
October 16, 2020
WASHINGTON– The U.S. Department of the Treasury today revealed that a U.S. delegation led by Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin will travel to Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates from October 17 to October 20 to support expanded financial cooperation under the Abraham Accords signed by the 3 countries last month.
Secretary Mnuchin and the U.S. delegation will join Israeli officials on the first-ever direct business flight from Israel to Bahrain. The historic flight will depart Tel Aviv and show up in Manama, where the U.S. and Israeli delegations will participate in meetings with senior Bahraini officials. The group will then travel to Abu Dhabi, where Secretary Mnuchin will take part in the first-ever Abraham Accords Organization Summit. The U.S. and Israeli delegations will go back to Israel on the first-ever direct business flight from Abu Dhabi to Tel Aviv.
The U.S. delegation led by Secretary Mnuchin will consist of:
- Steven T. Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury
- Avi Berkowitz, Assistant to the President and Special Representative for International Settlements
- Adam Boehler, CEO, International Advancement Finance Corporation
- David Friedman, U.S. Ambassador to Israel, U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
- Robert Greenway, Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Middle East and North African Affairs, NSC
- Monica Crowley, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Public Affairs
- Major General Miguel Correa, Senior Citizen Director for Gulf and North African Affairs, NSC
- Paul Packer, Chairman, Commission for the Conservation of America’s Heritage Abroad
- Aryeh Lightstone, Chief of Staff, U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
- Edgar Vasquez, Deputy Elder Director for Strategic Communications, NSC
- Scott Leith, Director for Israel, Egypt and the Levant, NSC
- Kenneth Evans, Director for the Arabian Peninsula, NSC
- Ryan Arant, Elder Economic Consultant for International Negotiations, NSC
- Ari Einhorn, Director, Office of the Unique Representative for International Settlements
- Zachary McEntee, Deputy Chief of Personnel, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Allison Minor, Handling Director for the Middle East, International Advancement Finance Corporation
NOTE: Information are subject to alter.
Use featured image